It is the second week of the Madhu TCAL!! We are past the hard part of getting used to the stitches that make up the honeycomb section. It should be smooth sailing this week 🙂
This week we will continue making the honeycomb section of the blanket.
Now – September 8: Color worksheet and get your supplies! Week 1: September 9 – September 15: Gauge + Part A: Rows 1 to 13
- Week 2: September 16 – September 22: Part A: Rows 14 – 67
- Week 3: September 23 – September 29: Part A: Rows 68 – 133
- Week 4: September 30 – October 6: Part A: Rows 134 – 199
- Week 5: October 7 – October 13: Parts B1 and B2
- Week 6: October 14 – October 20: Parts B3 and B4
- Week 7: October 21 – October 28: Final submissions for the grand prize and judging 🙂
Week 2 – Part A (Rows 14 to 67)
Once you have completed the first 13 rows, you will have a very good idea about how the pattern works and you must have ironed out all the little issues that you might be facing. It is all smooth sailing from here 🙂 All you have to do is to continue making Part A all the way until Row 67. After you have made a few more rows, your blanket should start to settle and curling will reduce significantly!
Here are some things from Week 1 that are true for Week 2 as well:
- You may find it hard to make the initial few rows because of curling. It will help to add some weight to your project (heavy stitch markers / binder clips). One of my testers used binder clips to flatten her rows and she mentioned that it made it easier for her to get past the first few rows.
- There is one more tricky bit – finding the stitch that needs to be skipped after you make the overlay stitch. In my video I have mentioned how I worked around this but if it doesn’t work for you, you could try using stitch markers. Before you start an overlay row, you can mark every stitch that needs to be skipped on the row and that way you won’t have to look for it while working the row. It will take practice to figure this out without the markers but I promise it gets better after you have made a few rows 🙂
Here is the Madhu blanket playlist on my Youtube channel that has all the videos (left and right handed) that will be helpful while making this blanket. The videos that will be particularly helpful during this week are:
- How to make the Foundation Row
- Tunisian Reverse Stitch
- Tunisian Knit Stitch
- Tunisian Simple Stitch
- Tunisian Overlay Simple Stitch
How to participate
- Newsletter: If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to my newsletter to get all important updates of this TCAL (I also send out updates after a pattern release so you won’t miss any!). If you have trouble with it, you can leave me a message using this form and check the ‘Sign-up to our newsletter?’ checkbox.
- Join my TCAL: If you would like to officially join the TCAL, join my KnitterKnotter Hangout group on Facebook. This TCAL, along with any future CALs, pattern releases, giveaways and anything else I would like to share can be found there. It is a great place to share your progress and to ask questions. I request that you respect the rules of the group while posting. I will also schedule a live video every week there for me to be able to connect with you in real time 🙂
- Facebook: If you would not like to join my group, you can find updates related to this TCAL on my Facebook page.
- Instagram: If you are not on Facebook (or even if you are 🙂 ), you can follow this TCAL on Instagram. You can follow me to get updates there and if you choose to share photos of your project, please use the hashtag #madhuhoneycombblanket and #knitterknotter so that I can find them.
- Pinterest: You can find all tutorials related to this TCAL on my Madhu blanket TCAL Pinterest board.
- Blog: You will be able to find all updates about this TCAL on my blog as well.
And, there will be prizes!!
Clover has kindly offered to sponsor the prizes for this TCAL. There will be 3 prizes in all – two at the end of Week 4 and one grand prize at the end of Week 7 (See TCAL schedule above).
At the end of Week 4, two people will win a set of 3 hooks, 2 cords and 2 stoppers. You will be able to pick the hook and cord sizes!!
One person will win the grand prize at the end of the TCAL which will be the Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hook Takumi Combo Set!! It consists of nine hooks, five cords, and five stoppers that come in a portable case that’s perfect to take with you wherever you go!
How to win
Instagram: Tag your TCAL progress photos with #madhuhoneycombblanket as many times as you like. (Your Instagram account must be public for me to be able to find them.)
Facebook: Join the KnitterKnotter Hangout Facebook group and post your progress photos to that week’s TCAL update thread.
I will look at both Instagram and Facebook and choose the winner(s) (You must have completed the parts before that week to be eligible). It’s that simple!
These tutorials will be helpful in getting a head start on this pattern.
Let’s get started…
I hope you are as excited about this TCAL as I am!! I am looking forward to joining you all on your Madhu blanket journey! Leave me a message if you need any more information or if you have any questions 🙂
You are welcome to join my Facebook group to share pictures of your work and to get any help you might need.
Subscribe to my newsletter not to miss a single post. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.|
Happy crocheting! ~Arunima Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links marked with a *. If you use them, I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.