Week 5 of the Madhu TCAL is here! You must have already completed Part A of your blanket and now it is time to get started on the borders!!
The aim for this week is to complete the two shorter borders of the blanket.
Now – September 8: Color worksheet and get your supplies! Week 1: September 9 – September 15: Gauge + Part A: Rows 1 to 13 Week 2: September 16 – September 22: Part A: Rows 14 – 67 Week 3: September 23 – September 29: Part A: Rows 68 – 133 Week 4: September 30 – October 6: Part A: Rows 134 – 199
- Week 5: October 7 – October 13: Parts B1 and B2
- Week 6: October 14 – October 20: Parts B3 and B4
- Week 7: October 21 – October 28: Final submissions for the grand prize and judging 🙂
Week 5 – Parts B1 and B2
This week we are going to start working on the borders. The honeycomb section (Part A) must be complete and all the borders are worked directly on the honeycomb section and not made separately to be joined later. We will work on the two shorter borders this week.
Here are a few things you need to know:
1. The border stitches are made by skipping some stitches from the edge of Part A. This is because when you work overlay stitches, they pull and bunch the fabric. This part has been tested by all my testers so you should not run into any issues but I would like you to make sure that you check the width of your border after you make a few rows to make sure that the border isn’t wider or narrower than the width of Part A.
2. The borders use Tunisian Overlay Double Crochet stitches. The following two tutorials will be helpful before you start working on the borders:
Tunisian Double Crochet and Tunisian Overlay Double Crochet
I will pick winners from your submissions later this week.
Here is the Madhu blanket playlist on my Youtube channel that has all the videos (left and right handed) that will be helpful while making this blanket. The videos that will be helpful this week are:
How to participate
- Newsletter: If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to my newsletter to get all important updates of this TCAL (I also send out updates after a pattern release so you won’t miss any!). If you have trouble with it, you can leave me a message using this form and check the ‘Sign-up to our newsletter?’ checkbox.
- Join my TCAL: If you would like to officially join the TCAL, join my KnitterKnotter Hangout group on Facebook. This TCAL, along with any future CALs, pattern releases, giveaways and anything else I would like to share can be found there. It is a great place to share your progress and to ask questions. I request that you respect the rules of the group while posting. I will also schedule a live video every week there for me to be able to connect with you in real time 🙂
- Facebook: If you would not like to join my group, you can find updates related to this TCAL on my Facebook page.
- Instagram: If you are not on Facebook (or even if you are 🙂 ), you can follow this TCAL on Instagram. You can follow me to get updates there and if you choose to share photos of your project, please use the hashtag #madhuhoneycombblanket and #knitterknotter so that I can find them.
- Pinterest: You can find all tutorials related to this TCAL on my Madhu blanket TCAL Pinterest board.
- Blog: You will be able to find all updates about this TCAL on my blog as well.
And, there will be prizes!!
Clover has kindly offered to sponsor the prizes for this TCAL. There will be 3 prizes in all – two at the end of Week 4 and one grand prize at the end of Week 7 (See TCAL schedule above).
At the end of Week 4, two people will win a set of 3 hooks, 2 cords and 2 stoppers. You will be able to pick the hook and cord sizes!!
One person will win the grand prize at the end of the TCAL which will be the Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hook Takumi Combo Set!! It consists of nine hooks, five cords, and five stoppers that come in a portable case that’s perfect to take with you wherever you go!
How to win
Instagram: Tag your TCAL progress photos with #madhuhoneycombblanket as many times as you like. (Your Instagram account must be public for me to be able to find them.)
Facebook: Join the KnitterKnotter Hangout Facebook group and post your progress photos to that week’s TCAL update thread.
I will look at both Instagram and Facebook and choose the winner(s) (You must have completed the parts before that week to be eligible). It’s that simple!
These tutorials will be helpful in getting a head start on this pattern.
Let’s get started…
I hope you are as excited about this TCAL as I am!! I am looking forward to joining you all on your Madhu blanket journey! Leave me a message if you need any more information or if you have any questions 🙂
You are welcome to join my Facebook group to share pictures of your work and to get any help you might need!