This is the seventh week of the Vajra TCAL! This is my first CAL ever and it has been an amazing journey for me so far. I have made some new friends and I have a bunch of amazing people making the scarf together in my Facebook group. I am really happy to see the progress everyone has made and all the scarves are looking lovely.
We still have two weeks to go and this week we are going to continue making the scarf all the way until Round 50! The overlapping diamonds are done and it’s smooth sailing from now on. I hope you will all relax and enjoy these last few rounds 🙂
March 25 – March 31: Get your supplies! April 1 – April 7: Let’s en-gauge 🙂 April 8 – April 14: Part 1 (Rounds 1 – 10) April 15 – April 21: Part 2 (Rounds 11-20) April 22 – April 28: Part 3 (Rounds 21 – 30) April 29 – May 5: Part 4 (Rounds 31 – 40)
- May 6 – May 12: Part 5 (Rounds 41 – 50)
- May 13 – May 19: Part 6 (Last part – Rounds 51 – 62)
- May 20 – May 26: Final submissions for the grand prize and judging 🙂
Part 4 Winner!!!
All the scarves are looking lovely! It’s very nice to see the Vajra scarf made with different combinations of colors and yarn 🙂
Some people have been on track with the TCAL schedule since the beginning but some are trying to catch up. I am amazed at how quick everybody is and I am sure they will all catch up soon! There were seven people who made it to Round 40 (and beyond) and here is the winner!!
Denise is not using a gradient yarn and I think her choice of colors gives it a very different look as compared to mine. I like the change of color and can’t wait to see hers completed! Congratulations Denise!
Week 7 – Part 5 (Rounds 41 – 50)!
This week, we will continue making the scarf. The target is to be able to make the next 10 rounds all the way to Round 50! There are no more overlapping diamonds now and you can race towards the end 🙂
Things to remember:
- Keep your tension consistent – As my scarf grew, my stitches started getting a little loose. I think that was because the weight of the scarf was pulling it down as I was working on it.
- Count Count Count – Even though the hard part is over, please keep counting! This is the most important thing in this scarf. I have lost focus and made a lot of mistakes. I had to frog a bunch of times for this reason and I learnt my lesson after a little bit. I never stopped counting after that! 🙂
- Visually inspect your scarf (ideally) after every repeat or after every few repeats. It is easier to frog a small section and redo it rather than having to frog an entire round.
- Have fun!
How to participate
- Newsletter: If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to my newsletter to get all important updates of this TCAL.
- Join my TCAL: If you would like to officially join the TCAL, join my KnitterKnotter Hangout group on Facebook. I will schedule a live video in the group every Monday at 6.30 PM CST for me to be able to connect with you in real time 🙂
- Instagram: You can follow me to get updates there and if you choose to share photos of your project, please use the hashtag #vajratcalso that I can find them.
- Pinterest: You can find all tutorials related to this TCAL on my Vajra TCAL Pinterest board.
- Facebook: If you would not like to join my group, you can find updates related to this TCAL on my Facebook page.
- Ravelry: I will be grateful if you created a project on Ravelry. As a designer, it gives my pattern some credibility and it is a great way to show off your scarf too 🙂
Denise Interchangeable has kindly offered to sponsor the prizes for this TCAL. There will be 6 prizes in all – one at the end of each part (See TCAL schedule above).
At the end of each of the first five parts, one person will win a Pink Tunisian Crochet set. It consists of one hook (You will be able to choose a hook size – they range from 3.75 mm to 15 mm), two cords, two end buttons and one extender for cord to cord connections.
Note: These prizes are for US residents only. Non-US residents will receive a Denise Interchangeable gift card worth $20 instead.
One person will win the grand prize at the end of the TCAL which will be the Denise2Go Complete Crochet set!! It consists of twelve hooks, seven cords, four end buttons and 2 extenders that come in a pretty fabric and portable case.
I have the Denise Interchangeable Hook Kit* and I love it. I used it to make the Vajra scarf and have continued to use it for my other projects too.
Note: Everybody (US and non-US residents) is eligible for the grand prize!
How to win
Instagram: Tag your TCAL progress photos with #vajratcal as many times as you like. (Your Instagram account must be public.)
Facebook: Join the KnitterKnotter Hangout Facebook group and post your progress photos to that week’s TCAL update thread.
I will look at both Instagram and Facebook at the end of every week and choose one winner (You must have completed the part for that week to be eligible). It’s that simple!
These tutorials will be helpful in getting a head start on this pattern.
I’d love to see your version of this design. You are welcome to join my Facebook group to share pictures of your work and to get any help you might need!
This pattern is for personal use only and you are welcome to make as many of these as you’d like. But if you choose to share or sell them, please credit the design to me and do not make any video tutorials of this pattern without my permission.