QA in software speak means ‘Quality Assurance’. I like to call my testers my QA crew and they are the reason why I am able to maintain a high standard of quality in all my patterns.
What I need from you as a tester
If you are interested in testing for me, here are a few things I need from you:
- I would like you to focus on clarity and correctness. If there is anything (pictures, content, tutorials, etc) that you feel would benefit someone using the pattern, please bring it up. I would also like to know if you think there is too much information.
- I’d like you to share your finished pictures on your Instagram after the pattern is released – I expect good quality pictures that focus on the pattern. Please use the tags #knitterknotter and @knitterknotter in your post(s).
- I’d like you to create a project on Ravelry with at least one good quality picture with a focus on the pattern.
- Communication – I understand that life comes in the way and it is possible that you may not be able to complete testing by the deadline. Please let me know as soon as possible. I assure you that I will be thankful if you let me know in advance. That way I will be able to look for someone else to test the pattern.
- Promotion – I will be grateful if you are able to promote my patterns on your social media.
I will gift you a copy of the final pattern after it has been released.
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE ANY PHOTOS BEFORE THE PATTERN IS RELEASED. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS IS IF WE HAVE AGREED UPON A DIFFERENT RELEASE STRATEGY.
What kind of testers I am looking for
I am looking for testers of various skill levels – beginner to advanced crocheters for both regular and Tunisian crochet.
How to apply and what to expect
I have collaborated with some other designers to form a group called ‘Friend To Friend Crochet Testers’. We have a Facebook group where we will host all our testing events and you will be required to answer a questionnaire and sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Answering the questionnaire will NOT guarantee that you will be a tester. It will help me in getting to know you better and to choose testers that are best for different designs. Please answer honestly, there is no wrong answer 🙂
Please answer this questionnaire if you would like to apply to test a pattern for KnitterKnotter before you sign the non-disclosure agreement below.
Non – Disclosure agreement
Please download this agreement, fill out your name, date and signature in the space provided and send it to me at email@example.com.