Hello again! I am so excited to announce the Madhu Blanket TCAL (Tunisian Crochet Along)!! This is an intermediate level pattern and if you are looking to learn something new, this is for you! I love its texture while I made it with 4 colors, I think it will work up beautifully in so many combinations of colors! I can’t wait to see which colors you will pick to make yours! You can see more pictures and read about the pattern release on my blog here. You will find all details of the TCAL in this post (there will be prizes too )!
- Now – September 8: Color worksheet and get your supplies!
- Week 1: September 9 – September 15: Gauge + Part A: Rows 1 to 13
- Week 2: September 16 – September 22: Part A: Rows 14 – 67
- Week 3: September 23 – September 29: Part A: Rows 68 – 133
- Week 4: September 30 – October 6: Part A: Rows 134 – 199
- Week 5: October 7 – October 13: Parts B1 and B2
- Week 6: October 14 – October 20: Parts B3 and B4
- Week 7: October 21 – October 28: Final submissions for the grand prize and judging 🙂
You can download the worksheet and start picking your colors now!!
Technique and difficulty
This is an intermediate level Tunisian crochet pattern. If you are an ambitious beginner, this is for you too. There will be video tutorials for all the stitches and techniques used in this pattern and I will be available to answer any questions along the way 🙂
The blanket is made up of 2 sections: the honeycomb section in the center and the border. The border is made in four parts and is made directly on the honeycomb section and NOT joined later. For this reason the pattern calls for a specific gauge and will work up in only one size but, during testing I found that variations in size did not need any modification in the pattern. If you would like to make a different size, I will be happy to help you along the way.
My blanket measures 34″ (86 cms) x 44″ (112 cms)
What you will need
- Yarn: You will need Aran weight yarn in 4 colors.
- I used Scheepjes Cahlista yarn*:
- Rosewood: 3.6 oz / 100 g / 170 m / 185 yards (2 skeins)
- DarkTeal: 11oz / 300g / 510m / 560yards (6 skeins)
- Saffron: 12.5 oz / 350 g / 595 m / 650 yards (7 skeins)
- Mercury: 18 oz /500 g / 850 m / 930 yards (10 skeins)
- I used Scheepjes Cahlista yarn*:
- Hook: I used a 6.5 mm Tunisian crochet hook. You might need to go up / down a size to obtain correct gauge.
- Tapestry needle to weave in tails
While I made this using 4 solid colors, I think this blanket will be great with gradient yarn or even as a stash-busting project!
How to participate
- Newsletter: If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to my newsletter to get all important updates of this TCAL (I also send out updates after a pattern release so you won’t miss any!). If you have trouble with it, you can leave me a message using this form and check the ‘Sign-up to our newsletter?’ checkbox.
- Join my TCAL: If you would like to officially join the TCAL, join my KnitterKnotter Hangout group on Facebook. This TCAL, along with any future CALs, pattern releases, giveaways and anything else I would like to share can be found there. It is a great place to share your progress and to ask questions. I request that you respect the rules of the group while posting. I will also schedule a live video every week there for me to be able to connect with you in real time 🙂
- Facebook: If you would not like to join my group, you can find updates related to this TCAL on my Facebook page.
- Instagram: If you are not on Facebook (or even if you are 🙂 ), you can follow this TCAL on Instagram. You can follow me to get updates there and if you choose to share photos of your project, please use the hashtag #madhuhoneycombblanket and #knitterknotter so that I can find them.
- Pinterest: You can find all tutorials related to this TCAL on my Madhu blanket TCAL Pinterest board.
- Blog: You will be able to find all updates about this TCAL on my blog as well.
And, there will be prizes!!
Clover has kindly offered to sponsor the prizes for this TCAL. There will be 3 prizes in all – two at the end of Week 4 and one grand prize at the end of Week 7 (See TCAL schedule above).
At the end of Week 4, two people will win a set of 3 hooks, 2 cords and 2 stoppers. You will be able to pick the hook and cord sizes!!
One person will win the grand prize at the end of the TCAL which will be the Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hook Takumi Combo Set!! It consists of nine hooks, five cords, and five stoppers that come in a portable case that’s perfect to take with you wherever you go!
How to win
Instagram: Tag your TCAL progress photos with #madhuhoneycombblanket as many times as you like. (Your Instagram account must be public for me to be able to find them.)
Facebook: Join the KnitterKnotter Hangout Facebook group and post your progress photos to that week’s TCAL update thread.
I will look at both Instagram and Facebook and choose the winner(s) (You must have completed the parts before that week to be eligible). It’s that simple!
These tutorials will be helpful in getting a head start on this pattern.
Let’s get started…
I hope you are as excited about this TCAL as I am!! I am looking forward to joining you all on your Madhu blanket journey! Leave me a message if you need any more information or if you have any questions 🙂
You are welcome to join my Facebook group to share pictures of your work and to get any help you might need.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links marked with a *. If you use them, I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.