I have been using Clover amour hooks for over a year now and they are my favorite hooks for regular crochet. When I received the Takumi Tunisian interchangeable set from Clover, I was extremely excited to give them a try! You can read all about the set in this post. In a few days, I will have an exciting project that I made with these hooks to share at the end of this review! 🙂 In the mean time, head over to the Madhu blanket CAL – you can win one of these sets!
What the set contains
- Hooks of 9 sizes (3.25mm, 3.75mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, 8mm)
- Cords of 5 different lengths (16″ (41cm), 24″ (61cm), 29″ (74cm), 36″ (91cm), 48″ (120cm))
- 5 cord stoppers
- A case that holds all of the above and can be carried easily during travel!
The hooks in the Clover Takumi Interchangeable Set are very smooth and the yarn glides on them easily. They have a pointy head so it is very easy to insert them into stitches. They are also feather light and the cords swivel at the joints so I don’t have to worry about adjusting my project to match the curve of the cord.
The only other experience I have had with bamboo hooks is from when I bought a hook set from Amazon when I started learning Tunisian crochet. You can read about it here. Those hooks weren’t the best quality and kept splitting my yarn. Unlike those hooks, the Clover hooks are very comfortable and I love working with them!
- The hooks are made of bamboo and are on the longer side that is helpful for people with a knife hold.
- The hooks are extremely light in weight and are very easy to handle.
- The hooks are smooth and the yarn glides on them very easily.
- The hooks have pointy heads so it is very easy to insert them into stitches.
- The cords swivel at the joints, yay!
- The cords come in 5 different sizes so you can choose one that is appropriate for your project.
- The stoppers and cords have screws to join them so they don’t come undone while crocheting.
- It is possible to build a double ended hook by either using two similar sized but different hooks on two ends of the cord OR by attaching the same hook at the other end while making the reverse pass.
- The set comes with a case with conveniently placed pockets for everything that comes in the set!
- When I crochet, I use the pencil hold and I noticed that the stoppers came in the way some times because of their weight. It was more of an annoyance than a con and I just had to either switch to a longer cord or slow down a little to get around this issue.
- Another problem I had when I started working with the hook was that it was snagging yarn if I picked up speed while crocheting. But this was also a minor annoyance because it stopped happening once I had a little practice with them.
What I am working on with this set
Here is a little peek into what I am making with this set. Free pattern coming soon!
Until then, you can win one of these sets (and some more lovely prizes from Clover) – head over to the Madhu Blanket TCAL for more information!
|Subscribe to my newsletter not to miss a single post. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Instagram.|