Square 18 of the Tunisian Crochet Blanket CAL of 2022 is designed by Julie from ACCROchet.
Disclaimer: Materials provided by KnitPicks, Denise, and Walnut Farm Designs; this post contains affiliate links.
If you are new to the CAL, click here to find all the introductory information for the 2022 CAL including the schedule, supplies, and giveaways.
If you are new to Tunisian crochet, I hosted a CAL in 2020 that was designed to teach Tunisian crochet to beginners. If this one seems advanced, you are welcome to check that out and practice a few basic stitches before you come back to this one.
If you’d like to connect with other people who are participating in this CAL, you are welcome to join my Facebook group by clicking here!
You can follow this Pinterest board to find all the squares and other information related to the CAL in one place.
- January 5 – Square #1
- January 19 – Square #2
- February 2 – Square #3
- February 16 – Square #4
- March 2 – Square #5
- March 16 – Square #6
- March 30 – Square #7
- April 13 – Square #8
- April 27 – Square #9
- May 11 – Square #10
- May 25 – Square #11
- June 8 – Square #12
- June 22 – Square #13
- July 6- Square #14
- July 20 – Square #15
- August 3 – Square #16
- August 17 – Square #17
- August 31- Square #18 – Scroll down for the details in this post.
- September 14 – Square #19
- September 28 – Square #20
- October 12- Square #21
- October 26 – Square #22
- November 9 – Square #23
- November 23 – Square #24
Square #18 – Love Is… by ACCROchet
Here is the designer’s version of the square. She made it with one solid color.
Here is my square – I made it with 3 colors of the Preciosa Tonal Worsted yarn by KnitPicks.
Scroll down for the link to the free pattern.
The patterns in this CAL will also be available for purchase as a bundle. If you purchase the bundle, you will receive the PDF version of all the squares as they are released (you pay less than a dollar per pattern!). This is a mystery CAL so, if you purchase the bundle, you will NOT receive all the patterns at once. You will receive a new pattern every 2 weeks as the squares are released in the CAL.
- This square is really easy, you just have to make sure you keep an eye on the transitions between the knit and purl stitches. It is easy to mess up the transition and then the heart won’t look right.
- I added 2 knit stitches after every 3 purl stitches to create the knit stitch columns.
- This technique is simple and it presents so many design possibilities!
- My square follows the designer’s instructions exactly. I added a single crochet border at the end to make sure I have the same number of edge stitches in all my squares.
Pattern repeats and Adjustments
- To increase height / width: add rows / knit stitches in multiples of two.
- Decreasing the height / width is going to be tricky since the heart pattern will have to be reworked.
Helpful Links and Tunisian Crochet Tutorials (Left and Right handed)
- How to change color
- Tunisian Purl Stitch
- Tunisian Knit Stitch
- How to bind off a Tunisian Crochet project
- How to block a crochet blanket / afghan
- Tunisian crochet hooks’ review
- Tunisian crochet basics
- Tunisian Blanket CAL 2022 Pattern bundle – you will receive a new PDF pattern every 2 weeks as the squares are released in the CAL.
Yardage and Size
My square is 12″ x 12″ in size (along the edges) and used about 140 yards (130 m) of yarn and weighs 1.8 oz (51 gms).
Front and Back
The free pattern
The copyright for each pattern is held by the designer. You may ask for additional resources and tutorials from the designer of the square only. No one else can make a full tutorial of the pattern unless permitted by the designer. I have included my notes and links to my tutorials that I think might be helpful in making the square but those do not supersede the instructions and tutorials provided by the designer.
The only way for me to be able to provide this CAL for free is to monetize my blog through ads and affiliate links. Please consider making a purchase from my links because that gives me a small commission without any additional cost to you. If the ads bother you, you could copy the content of this post into a separate document and print (be aware that this page contains a lot of images which you might want to delete before you hit the print button).
Share your squares!
You could also create a project in Ravelry and share your pictures there.
Join my Facebook Group to connect with and share your pictures with other participants of the CAL!
Thank you for joining me on this CAL! I hope you will enjoy working on your squares and that we can all learn some interesting stitches and techniques along the way ????
Pin this for later!
Bookmark this page or follow the Pinterest board of this CAL to be able to find this post easily later.
This page may contain affiliate links where I earn a small commission. While using these links doesn’t cost you more, it helps me continue to offer patterns for free. Thank you for your continued support!
I strive to offer my patterns for free and that is possible only with your support. Please share this post and your pictures as much as possible. Every share counts 🙂
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
You will receive alerts for new patterns and sneak peeks of my future patterns. I also share deals with my subscribers that you won’t get elsewhere!!